- Rates up 3% last month, according to MarketScout, following increases of 2% in February and 1% in January.
- And Guy Carpenter said rates rose on reinsurance renewals at April 1, a big renewal date in the Asian markets, so any increases would be exacerbated by the brutal 2011 that region suffered.
- $1.2B in March cat losses, thanks to tornadoes, Aon says. That, of course, doesn’t count this week’s Texas storms, from which State Farm has seen 9,000 claims – mainly hail.
- Colorado State forecasters put numbers (pdf) on their prediction of a mild hurricane season: 10 named storms, four hurricanes, two major ones. They helpfully add: “Coastal residents are reminded that it only takes one hurricane making landfall to make it an active season for them.”
- Zurich Financial Services officially changed its name to Zurich Insurance.