- Industry losses from catastrophes hit $108B in 2011, Swiss Re tells us. (Only 2005 had more – $123B.)
- Coincidence: Their CEO, Stefan Lippe, will retire.
- P&C profits will rise in 2012, Fitch says. Not a surprise, given $108B in cats this year.
- Old news: New Madrid earthquake was 200 years ago.
- NTSB calls for ban of cellphone use while behind the wheel. Good luck with that.
- CAS announces syllabus and exam schedule for the new ERM credential.
- Commercial insurance prices keep climbing, Towers Watson reports.