Where was I?
- Debate over Solvency II continues. There is growing view in London this could be a delay too far. Lloyd’s briefing next week should be good!
- Now that Osama & Whitey have been found the FBI says it’s redoubling its search for Richie’s older brother on Happy Days
- Bermuda reinsurer property catastrophe rates up 8-12%: Analysis | Business Insurance http://ow.ly/5oSIl || But execs glum on casualty rates
- EU Council proposes delaying Solvency II until 2014 – IFAonline http://ow.ly/5oQPw || Lots of jockeying on this issue lately
- Analysts Look at Challenges Facing Reinsurance Stocks http://ow.ly/5oN0t || Coverage of CAS Reinsurance Seminar
- Pricing Reinsurance Risks Abroad http://ow.ly/5oMKm || CAS Reinsurance Seminar
- Claim Costs From Lightning Continue to Rise; the Culprit Is Often Expensive Electronics : http://t.co/SMCwTYd
- Christchurch aftermath: Area split in four zones, with worst basically abandoned – http://ow.ly/5oIS4 || Maps here: http://bit.ly/lThLdb
- Anatomy of a Data Breach – http://ow.ly/5ozK7 || Nice Advisen/Chartis white paper on the scope of breaches, their cost and how to avoid
- FSA hints on relaxed Solvency II deadline http://t.co/cwTEKc9 @Intelect_Ryan @_moneymarketing @ParaPlanScot #solvencyII
- EU watchdog dismisses talk of delay to Solvency II | Reuters http://ow.ly/5ommp
- Rep. Jim Boyd says @ insurance forum if you don’t like assessment now, after next storm will be worse. Storms won’t go away.
- Aon: U.S. Insured Weather Losses Top $15.5 Billion This Year http://ow.ly/5ojey
- Morgan Stanley: P&C insurers have $15B excess capital http://ow.ly/5oj7n || ACE has $6.5B, Ren Re has $2.5B; AIG Global deficient $2B to $4B
- Even Low Blood Alcohol Level ‘Buzz’ Unsafe for Driving: Study http://ow.ly/5nftg
- Lawsuit over WTC tower collapse can proceed | Business Insurance http://ow.ly/5nf5O
- Solvency II news: Deadline Delay Fever Special « Solvency II Wire http://ow.ly/5mNl3 || Always excellent S-II site tracks the delay rumors
Latest New Zealand earthquake classified as new event for insurance purposes http://goo.gl/fb/nhXM2
- Supreme Court rejects global warming lawsuit | Business Insurance http://ow.ly/5m51Q || This and Wal-Mart – busy Monday at the Court
Supreme Court Denies Huge Sex Bias Class Action Against Wal-Mart http://bit.ly/itMZei
Chart of the Day: Rates at the bottom « Actuarial Opinions http://ow.ly/5lRIi || Historical evidence for a hard market
FT.com: Delay likely for Solvency II implementation – http://ow.ly/5lzuQ || 12-month delay would give companies, regulators time to catch up