- Transatlantic, Allied World merge in $3.2B deal.
- Brutal Q2 so far for Allstate, with cat claims hitting $2B. Travelers put its tab at $1B.
- $55M settlement for Chinese drywall.
- Another significant quake in NZ. Eqecat estimates $3B to $5B additional damage. Others (read to 6th graph) not so sure.
- Commercial rates continue flat, Towers Watson says. But WC showing increases, even outside California.
- U.S. p/c industry was $22B redundant as of 12/10, according to Aon Benfield. AIG – 10% of statutory reserves – was redundant $0.5B.