I’ll be at the CAS Spring Meeting Sunday through Tuesday, so I’ll be light on the social media.
- Social Security Projection: Trust Fund Runs Dry One Year Earlier (2036) http://ow.ly/4U6NP
- Up to $100M in insured losses from earthquake in Spain: EQECAT | Business Insurance http://ow.ly/4U0yZ
- RT @RiskMarketNews WSJ: Spain Earthquake Unlikely To Be Major Event For Insurers -Study http://on.wsj.com/lQ8az7 #earthquake #reinsurance
- RT @RiskMarketNews Miami Herald: State-backed insurer purchases #reinsurance http://bit.ly/meUGrY
- Man has Wall Street-killing Gaussian Copula Function tattooed to forearm http://ow.ly/4SPiO || HE’LL be feared in the hood!
- Liquidity premium and illiquidity premium in the insurance context « Solvency II Wire http://ow.ly/4SP9X Flip sides of same coin
- RT @CCActuaries Proposed Revisions To The Disciplinary Process For Actuaries – http://eepurl.com/dKnVQ
- Treasury, AIG cut plans for share sale: Source | Business Insurance http://ow.ly/4S0AL
- Dogs Take A $90M Bite Out Of State Farm In 2010 | PropertyCasualty360 http://ow.ly/4RIrn
- RT @RiskMarketNews Insured Losses From April Tornados Between $3.7B and $5.5B: AIR http://bit.ly/lc1uRY
- Eqecat raises Japan quake estimate http://ow.ly/4QEwo || Factors: Tsunami depth, shake, landslide, liquefaction, knock-on effect from nuke
- Eqecat boosts its Japan quake range to $22B-$39B, up from $12B-$25B. Its estimates had been lightest of major modeling firms
- Munich Re books EUR200M (US$300M) total loss to Mutei Ltd. (Zenkyoren) cat bond http://bit.ly/lujp3s and http://bit.ly/j54aF0 (pdf) – p. 17.
- Hurricanes and errors of reasoning? Again… – Lloyd’s Blog – Lloyd’s http://ow.ly/4PE5a || Hurricane forecasts are better than average