The brokerage’s research arm, Willis Research Network, adds 12 US members, according to InsuranceERM.
WRN promotes the science of extreme events through collaboration among universities, insurers and reinsurers, catastrophe modelling companies, government research institutions and non-governmental organizations.
Heavy cribbing from the story:
The research interests being supported by [the network] at these new members cover a wide range including:
- capital structure (Florida State)
- convective systems/severe storms (Oklahoma)
- wildfire and climate change (Scripps)
- seismic risk to container ports (Georgia Tech)
- demand surge and business interruption (Colorado)
- climate change adaptation, heuristics and capital (Wharton)
- financial modelling (Georgia State).
More on the network here.